- BT London Live is free to access in Hyde Park and Victoria Park with Olympics on screen, live music performances and appearances from Olympians - it's free to access EXCEPT for Hyde Park on Sunday night for the closing ceremony concert. Amazingly, there are still tickets available for this much anticipated closing ceremony gig, featuring Blur, The Specials, New Order & others (£66 inc bkg).
- There are also big screens in Potters Fields (take a picnic), Walthamstow Town Square, General Gordon Square Woolwich, on Blackheath, in Haggerston Park and on Camden Beach (free entry).
- Hoxton Soundgarden music and arts festival launches in an east London car park (£5/day, £10 w/end).
- It's the last weekend of Antony's Meltdown at the Southbank Centre.
- Ride the Epping Ongar steam railyway.
- See what's on at the Proms.
- Take in some Olympic exhibitions.
- Watch Hitchcock at the BFI.
- Explore the Borough of Enfield.
- Camden Fringe has stacks of comedy, drama, opera and more to share - read our reviews here.
- And of course, if you're lucky enough to be going to the Olympic Park look out for the fact benches, phone box art, big screens, Jake baiting and do try the food.
- Bouncy Stonehenge inflates at Alexandra Palace - watch out for the Orange army while you're there.
- The Olympic Men’s 10km Swimming Marathon takes place in the Serpentine from noon (free on the south side of the park - get there early!).
- Watch Akademi dance in Westminster Hall at 5pm (free).
- Play ping pong and watch the film Ping Pong at Portobello Pop-up cinema from 6pm (donations).
- Cheer on the Olympic Men’s 50km Race Walk starting from the Mall at 9am (free).
- Take the kids along to the Vintage Children’s Classics Family Fete, a free celebration of stories with workshops, entertainers and games from 11am-5pm at Foyles, the Southbank Centre (free).
The Forgotten Festival bids to save the Peninsula Festival with one special day of circus, live music and art — join the "steam-punk time traveling crew of all eras... to celebrate the end of time!" from 1pm (free).THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
- Shop at the first Preloved and Proud fair on Hilly Fields from 10am-3pm (free entry).
- Meet Pele on Carnaby Street between 1-2pm.
- Play boules in Kingston (free).
- There are still some tickets available for Storyville - A Hot Blooded Tribute to New Orleans (dress code "bordello chic") at Factory 7, Hearn St EC2 from 7pm - 4am (£25).
- It's the final day of the Olympics - line the route of the Men’s Marathon which sets off from the Mall at 11am (free).
- There are films, stories and music at Trinibago Village at the Tricycle Theatre, Kilburn from 11am (free).
- Play boules in Ealing (free).
- The Olympic Closing Ceremony worldwide broadcast begins at 9pm.
Other good stuff:
- Our latest theatre reviews and art reviews
- Books and spoken word events
- Your week in geek
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Our pick of comedy gigs plus a guide to watching live comedy in London
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries
What did we miss? What are you up to? Let us know in the comments.